Preliminary debate motions provided by John Meany.
Motions Up To Round 8
1. This House would bail out Detroit.
2. This House supports the force feeding of incarcerated hunger strikers.
3. Eliminate adoption preference based on race and ethnicity.
4. The government should not promote home ownership.
5. US elected officials should not be subject to recall elections.
6. Individuals displaced by a conflict should have a right to emigrate to any country.
7. Individuals should not be allowed to represent themselves at trial.
8. Governments should establish methods to provide unconditional cash transfers to the poor.
SEMIFINALS: The Jury system does more harm than good.
FINALS: This House would eliminate inheritance.
Hey, my name is Peter and I’m the author of this website and all the content on this page. I have been a debater, a debate trainer, debate tournament organizer and everything else with a debate prefix for more than 10 years and I’ve seen it all. I want to help everyone to be a better debater and if you want to help too, please let me know. Keep on debating!